Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sorry- managed to crash my site

(From the old blog, and dated Friday, April 17, 2009, at 3:00 AM)

I managed to crash my own site by playing with Modules I Did Not Understand [TM]… don’t worry, the content is alive and well, and will be back up later tonight, this time On Software I Know Well [TM].

[Edited to add] Content has been restored, as has the theme. Assorting things like the rss feeds, etc, may still be in need of tweaking, and I need to deal with external links, but I’ve been  sitting too long at this desk to deal with it tonight.

I’m already missing Drupal. WordPress is nice, but Drupal is much more powerful (assuming one doesn’t play recklessly with things one should not play with, thereby turning one’s database into powerless sludge).  Perhaps once my foot (recovering from minor surgery) recovers, I’ll put Drupal back and keep my hands out of the development module cookie jar (yes, it was that stupid).

No comments:

Post a Comment